“Nikah is a contract that transfers responsibilities ..
Therefore know the man you’re thinking of marrying, and be sure that he is able to take care of you, more than your dad did ..
Islam empowers women with honor and dignity .. Don’t settle for anything less.”—Nouman Ali khan (via islamicrays)
“some tips for praying Fajr prayer on time:
1. Try to sleep as early as possible if you do not need to do anything imortant after Isha Salaah because the earlier you sleep the easier it will be to wake up for Fajr
2. Try not to have any heavy meals in the evening as this will make it harder for you to wake up for Fajr
3. Try to encourage your family to also wake up for Fajr and tell them of the importance of Salaah as well as the fact that it is the purpose of our creation. If your family wakes up for Fajr then it will also be easier for you as they would also wake you up. If one or two of your family members do wake up for Fajr then tell them to also wake you up.
4. Make firm intention in your heart that you will wake up for Fajr no matter what and ask of Allah in your dua to make it easy for you to wake up for Fajr prayer.
5. Put on two or even three alarms and put them on 5 minutes apart and put them in places in your room where you know it will be a struggle getting to them. This way you will have to be wide awake to get to the alarms. As there will be three of them this will prevent you going back to bed again.
6. Most importantly when you awaken for Fajr then do NOT say to yourself i’ll lay for a bit and then get up. This is the biggest trick of shaythan to make us fall asleep and miss Fajr prayer. As soon as the eyes are open then go straight to the bathroom.
May Allah enable us to pray every prayer on its appointed time and no later. Ameen”—(via islamicrays)
“The uncontrolled ego can be very dangerous. It stops us from saying sorry, from picking up the phone, or from sending a text message. It can destroy important relationships and harm our relatives and friends. Let’s learn to control our egos before they controls us and harm us.”—(via islamicrays)
“When we can’t marry the person we had in mind, our inability to look beyond may even blind sight us from someone who is in fact better for us. When we don’t get hired, or we lose something dear to us, it’s hard to take a step back and notice the bigger picture. Often Allah takes things away from us, only to replace them with something greater.”—Yasmin Mogahed (via wethemuslims)
“Literature is invention. Fiction is fiction. To call a story a true story is an insult to both art and truth. Every great writer is a great deceiver, but so is that arch-cheat Nature. Nature always deceives. From the simple deception of propagation to the prodigiously sophisticated illusion of protective colors in butterflies or birds, there is in Nature a marvelous system of spells and wiles. The writer of fiction only follows Nature’s lead.”—Vladimir Nabokov (via wordpainting)
“You may not see it today or tomorrow, but you will look back in a few years and be absolutely perplexed and awed by how every little thing added up and brought you somewhere wonderful - or where you always wanted to be. You will be grateful that things didn’t work out the way you once wanted them to.”—(via halal-love-stories)
You shouldn't be going round telling people that they're going to die soon. Why would you do something like that, to make yourself feel more important?
That’s the reality. Everyone will eventually die.
If you would have read most of my blog entries, one of my most discussed topic is death itself.
1) Why I tell people they are going to die soon?
Because that is the most certain thing in this world, Death.
There is this practice of the Sahabah Radiyallahu Anhum that people tend to forget these days and this is what they called Al Muhasabah [Self Inventory].
It is a process wherein a person thinks about his deeds for the whole day what has it given him, what has it caused him and then he reflects and thinks to himself what is there needed to be done to expiate my sins or to increase me in good for the pleasure of Allah Azza Wa Jall because everyday they are reminded of death.
Every single day the Sahabah Radiyallahu Anhum engaged themselves in muhasabah, let me tell you about this story about ‘Umar Ibn Al Khattab, again he was a caliph who made sermons if not about salah then about death.
He used to whip his foot at night and say to himself, “Tell me, what have you done today?”
Then he also reminded the people by saying:
“Call yourselves to account before you are called to account, and weigh yourselves before you are weighed, as calling yourselves to account today will make it easier for you when you are called to account tomorrow, and be adorned for the great appearance: that Day shall you be brought to Judgment, and not a secret of you will be hidden.”
2) Why would I do something like that, to make myself feel more important?
No, it’s not to make myself feel more important because to tell you the truth Alhamdulillah, my loved ones never fail to make me feel that. Hence, I do not need to crave for other people’s attention and to know that Allah Azza Wa Jall is with You wherever you are and continuously sustains, nourishes, protects, forgives and blesses you, how can you crave for more attention, that very thought makes you realize how important you are.
This is just to make people realize that every little thing they do is "important", hence this is to actually make you all feel more important.
It is sad to know that there are people who think and regard the people [ones who remind them and tell them that they are going to die or that death is certain] to be people who just want to feel important.
It just shows how much they are afraid of death because they know deep in themselves that there has been so much wrong deeds that had been done and so much time that have been wasted. _____
So yes, anon, you’re going to die, just like how I will, how my loved ones have and will and how the one who reads this will.
So instead of criticizing people who remind you of death, criticize yourself, and let the reminder do its job to you and make you realize that there is still time to repent and to reflect and come back to the path to Allah Azza Wa Jall.
We need to do tawbah, wallahi, we all need to. Every minute. We have done so wrong.